<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/22581490?origin\x3dhttp://-erised.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
soulmates.
Profile



sookee

04071987
NTU, NBS

your thoughts?



Good Reads

Ade
Becky
Bena
Cheryl
Hana
Jacqueline
Jiani
Josephine
Laura
Michie
Minshan
Shir
Xin
Yeow Teck
Yihan
Yueru
Ziwan

rewind

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009

credits

xxx

Monday, May 18, 2009


Reub and I caught Star Trek at no-prize-for-guessing-where last Friday. It was a show which I vehemently refused to watch since we saw the trailer but due to the full seatings for Angels and Demons, I had to settle for this show. It was unexpectedly good! And this always happened whenever Reub picked out a movie which I refused to watch. Chris Pine is cute; Zachery Quinto is cute in his own unique way too but I think he is gay. I understood the story plot so I don't see why anybody shouldn't!

We finally caught Angels and Demons yesterday at Junction 8 (the place's probably our 2nd fave heartland mall). It was as good as Star Trek, maybe even better! The flick would set your adrenaline pumping right from the start and keep you glued to the edge of your seat. I don't think it was anti-catholic at all; it only questioned the co-existence between religion and science.

I've managed to keep myself busy this week before the release of results on Friday- badminton tomorrow, lunch with the OB girls on Wed and hopefully a night-out with Reub on Thurs to reward ourselves for sticking by each other for 53 months of BS.

Everybody's been uploading their grad trips' peektures on FB. I always feel a tinge of sadness whenever I see the notifications.. wish I could be like them.

And I think couples who take a break from their relationships should just break up already. I don't see the point of taking a hiatus if you still love the other party because love is like an overflowing river that never stops. So obviously, you don't love that person already and it's all BS when they say "I need some me-time" and "I need to find myself again". Oh well, these are just some random thoughts and I'm not trying to insinuate anything.

Lastly, a friendly message from the NTU Dean of Students, which sent me tickling in my chair:

Dear Students,

You may have come across the following sobering statistics in the papers on 13 May 09:

1. Of the 10 pedestrians killed on the roads in the first three months of this year, seven were jaywalking.
2. In the whole of last year, 42 of the 62 pedestrians killed on the roads were jaywalkers.

We would like to take this opportunity to caution all students against jaywalking, whether in or out of campus. It would be helpful for you to note that the roads within the campus are also under the jurisdiction of road traffic laws enforced by the Traffic Police.

In addition, we would like to highlight the Nanyang Flyover junction as a potential spot for concern. This junction is located just outside our Pioneer Road North entrance. Crossing diagonally at this junction, as shown by the bidirectional arrow in the picture below, is not only against the law but is also a dangerous act that risks life and limb. Please cross at designated crossings at all times.

I don't know why they have so much time for these kind of stuff when there must be other more urgent things at hand for them to do. Or maybe there isn't at all. Because this email is just lame.

[edit: 5.20pm] Just finished Breaking Dawn. I think it's the best read out of the 4 books (: And can I say I am experiencing the same sad feeling when I finished the last sentence of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? I think I am showing withdrawal symptoms. Booo. [/edit]


♥ 1:45 PM